We need more Jamie's

As I have done nothing interesting today I thought that it might be a good time to talk about Jamie, or in the sense the idea behind why Everybody Talking about Jamie is an outstanding show.

I was introduced to the glitter of Jamie on February 8th of this year, at Crucible theatre in Sheffield, as it was the Public dress rehearsal, and I really needed to get out. I invited a friend along with me and off we want.

Now the story was one of those in which you can see yourself in. For the most parts I seen myself in Jamie. A person who only had a loving and supportive mum or in my case only had my Auntie who brought me up from 10 months old. Then a person who doesn't fit in any where because they don't act in a way that everybody else would class as normal. In my case that would be in their eyes ugly, having a speech impediment, and having Dyslexia.

The thing is unlike the real Jamie, who was so an amazing, sweet person who was so brave to share, what I would thought quite a tough story to share 6 years ago. His story of the struggle he face of wanting to be himself and go to prom in a prom dress because he wanted to show who want to be as a drag Queen.

Like Jamie Campbell we need more stories like yours on stage because there are loads of people out there, saying I can't do that because society says I can't.

Like come on I am writing a blog, if I stayed with what society says I wouldn't be reading or writing. Here one of my favorite quotes "go forth and be fabulous."

Goodnight

Love you

Zanny xx

Comments

Popular Posts